*is in the manga section of the bookshop* *sees another person* HAHA! what a nerd
sick & tired of making this post but me and my roommate are gonna be homeless unless we come up w/ $2000 (rent for july and august) asap. this isnt even looking at bills (electricity, gas, internet, phones) or groceries (which we just collectively overdrafted to pay for)
'Do you consider yourself a feminist?'
‘I don’t really think about things as guys versus girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life.’
- Taylor Swift 2012
'As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means.'
- Taylor Swift 2014”
OH MY GOD !
Getting By Without Friends
1. See it as something that is temporary. Even though it hurts now, it doesn’t mean it’s permanent. You’ll find other people who will treat you well – so be gentle on yourself and recognise that it will pass.
2. Learn to enjoy your own company. See it as a time to reflect on your life, and really think through what you want for yourself. Also, find different interests you can do on your own – and maybe try something different you’ve never tried before.
3. Spend time looking after animal. Pets are accepting, reliable and loyal. They’ll never hurt your feelings – and are good company.
4. Treat other people you meet really well (talk to people at the checkout, or smile at those you meet). That will likely result in a warm, friendly response – and will remind you that others still appreciate you.
5. Hang out with those who like the same things as you. If you’ve taken up a hobby or you like watching sport, speak to people you meet at these events. Even though you don’t know them, they are still good company.
6. Don’t let this bad experience hold you back. Keep reaching out to others, have the courage to take risks and eventually you’ll find someone who will be a loyal friend – someone that you like and who will treat you well.